Product Support Specialist
Christchurch, New Zealand
RCS New Zealand has an immediate opening in its acclaimed Technical Support Department, based in our Christchurch office.
Every day we provide support and consultation to broadcasters using our software throughout New Zealand and internationally. No two days are the same and if you like working in a fun, challenging and varied environment you will feel at home in the RCS Support department.
We provide support 24/7/365, so some flexible working and travel is required.
The Support department’s activities include:
• Handling phone calls, emails, remote support and social interactions from customers in New Zealand and internationally. Documenting interactions and guiding customers to solutions.
• Working with a small local team and a wider pool of international colleagues to provide timely and accurate answers on subjects as varied as A-list rotations, GRP Bookings, SQL Server Service Packs and Audio Normalisation.
• Working on site to install RCS software products and integrate them into the customer’s business workflow.
• Providing training and consultation to our customers so they succeed with our software to produce compelling content.
• Working with the local New Zealand software development team to further extend product capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
• We are looking for inquisitive people with well-developed troubleshooting and investigative skills. You will be able to simplify and deconstruct customer reports into their component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Ability to prioritize and react calmly. Your experience in live Radio, Television or other high-pressure work means you know what to do when that Off-Air call comes in.
• You may have worked for a broadcaster and have experience of working in a broadcast Programming, Traffic or Engineering environment. You will have in-depth knowledge of modern business software, ideally broadcast software such as Airwaves, Aquira, GSelector, NexGen or Zetta.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent customer service skills and a team focus. Candidates should have a good understanding of the complexities involved in running and supporting modern business applications, including knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, IIS and SQL Server. You should also be motivated to self-directed learning, have strong troubleshooting, follow-up, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls, please.