Field Service Technician
White Plains, New York
RCS, the World’s Largest Broadcast Software Company, has a rare full time opening for a Field Service Technician. This position can be in most US cities.
The RCS Field Technical Services team assists world class broadcast facilities across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. The Field Service Technician’s primary role is to work with customers during the commissioning process and subsequent training of RCS products while onsite and/or remotely. Our priority is to successfully transition customers to our products and ensure they have nothing less than a stellar experience with our team and our software.
The Field Technical Services team is a division of the RCS Customer Experience department which is a 24/7/365-day operation. This position is salaried without the eligibility for overtime and a typical work week is 40 hours with the possibility of some unusual hours. The job requires travel up to 75%; domestic and international.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Frequent travel to customer sites to install hardware and configure software.
• Leads system installations, upgrades, configurations, and maintenance.
• Ensure broadcasting/telecommunications equipment is robust, and reliable.
• Monitors the identification, prioritization, and prompt resolution of system-related issues.
• Conduct training for both individuals and large groups.
• Documentation of every customer interaction including daily installation reports.
• During non-travel weeks this position is responsible for technical support via phone and email.
A qualified applicant should have the following training, education, certifications, and/or equivalent on the job experience:
• Windows Operating Systems and SQL Server
• Basic LAN administration, setup and configuration.
• Prior telephone troubleshooting or call-center experience.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Propensity to learn with a positive attitude and work ethic.
• Radio and/or TV broadcast experience.
• Radio Automation setup and configuration experience including hardware and wiring.
• Working knowledge of broadcast hardware including analog, digital and AOIP devices.
• Experience with RCS Products; Zetta, NexGen, RCS News and/or GSelector is an advantage.
• Prior experience traveling in a technical capacity.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds for purpose of moving and installing hardware.
• Fluent in Spanish is a PLUS!
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Jobs@rcsworks.com